Foster carer news
Latest news and event information for our approved foster carers.
Derbyshire Believes In Me Awards 2018
9 March 2018 at County Hall, Matlock.
We want to recognise exceptional children for achievements they have made whilst being in our care or part of the fostering family. We want to celebrate those who have made significant progress, often in the face of difficult circumstances.
Nominations are invited for all children in care or in a fostering family who are now currently in reception year at school up to and including those who finished year 11 in July 2017 and therefore had their GCSE results in August 2017.
Please tell us about children who have made outstanding achievements in their personal life, behaviour, academic progress, sport, or in their contribution to their home life or community.
Please complete the nomination form, stating in a maximum of 150 words, why you think the young person you are nominating deserves recognition. Parts of your statement will be read out on the evening.
Receipt of nominations will be acknowledged. Nominations will be considered by a panel of judges and those who are successful will be informed with details of the event in January 2018.
Category of nominations:
- sport - martial arts, individual and team games, outdoor pursuits
- the arts - music, drama, art, dance, cookery, media and photography
- helping others and overcoming life's challenges
- progress and achievement in education
- foster carers own children.
For further details please contact Clare Robinson email: email@example.com or tel: 01629 538427.
Stay on top of everything going on at Derbyshire Sport (opens in a new window) by signing up to the monthly newsletter.
Tel: 01773 748 907
The following documents are in Word format. You will need a Word viewer installed on your computer in order to open these files.
- Derbyshire Believes In Me Awards nomination form (266KB)
- Foster Care Council members contact details (17KB)
- Foster Care Council minutes 17 January 2018 (88KB)
- Foster Care Council minutes 19 October 2017 (77KB)