Information for care and health service providers

Ind Providers main page

Information for independent providers of residential, day and domiciliary services for adults. If you're looking for a local care service for yourself, a family member or friend, please see our care services directory

The information is this section is for organisations providing residential and domiciliary services who contract or aim to contract with us.

There is also information on how professionals can make referrals to adult care

Handling complaints 

All health and social care providers must, by law, have a complaints procedure. The adult care procedure explains how we will assist with complaints made against independent providers.

Where it is assessed that an individual or group could be at risk of significant harm or abuse a referral should be made to us and we will decide if a safeguarding investigation is required. 

Any complaints must be considered alongside the safeguarding adults at risk policy (opens in a new window).

Inspection and regulation

Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008, all health and adult social care providers who carry out regulated activities must be registered with the Care Quality Commission (opens in a new window)