Information, advice and First Contact scheme
Adult care information, publications, leaflets and fact sheets.
Our information and advice service includes:
- our online content including adult care and wellbeing and Derbyshire Directory
- printed and online publications
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Derbyshire tel: 01629 533190
- health and wellbeing zones and information points
- welfare benefits checks and advice
- our First Contact scheme
- the Carers in Derbyshire (opens in a new window) website offering advice and information about support for carers
- contact our libraries information services, email: email@example.com or tel: 01629 533444
- British Sign Language versions of our main information leaflets (opens in a new window)
- contact Call Derbyshire using British Sign Language SignLive service
We provide a range of leaflets which can be found:
- at adult care reception points
- from our health and wellbeing zones
- from information points in some other public buildings, including community centres and medical centres.
We provide a number of fact sheets that are available online or printed on demand at our reception points.
Information in other languages or formats
At our public information points literature will be in a standard format. If you need any of our information in easy read, large print and translated to other languages, including Braille or audio you can request it by contacting Call Derbyshire tel: 01629 533190.
People who use British Sign Language can now contact our Call Derbyshire contact centre using the SignLive service. SignLive is a video interpreter service.
You can find out more on the contact us page.
Accessible Information Standard
The Accessible Information Standard aims to make sure that people who have a disability, impairment or sensory loss get information they can easily read or understand with support so that they can communicate effectively with us. Examples of the types of support that may be required include:
- large print
- easy read
- by email
- British Sign Language interpreter.
All organisations that provide adult social care or NHS care must follow the Accessible Information Standard.
- ask people if they have any information or communication needs, and find out how to meet their needs
- record those needs clearly in a set way
- highlight or 'flag' the person's file or notes so it is clear that they have information or communication needs and how those needs should be met
- share information about those communication needs with other providers of NHS and adult social care, when we have consent or permission to do so
- take steps to ensure that people receive information which they can access and understand.
We recognise the benefits to our clients in implementing the standards. We accept that compliance is in line with or commitments to equitable, high quality, accessible and personalised care.
Tell your worker if you have any information or communication needs. And ask them to record this on your social care record.
We produce a range of easy read leaflets and fact sheets
We've produced a short animated film which gives you an overview of our adult care services and how our processes work.
The NHS have produced a number of information videos showing how the Accessible Information Standard could help you (opens in a new window)
We aim to support people's health and wellbeing and help them to stay independent enjoying a good quality life for as long as possible. We do this by making a Universal Offer to all Derbyshire residents for a range of information and advice, signposting, assessment and help with finding and buying services. The universal offer fact sheet attached to this page has further information.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- Accessible Information Standard (75KB)
- Guide to adult care (275KB)
- Guide to Adult Care - easy read Chinese (873KB)
- Guide to Adult Care - Traditional Chinese (891KB)
- Guide to Adult Care - Bengali (1105KB)
- Guide to Adult Care - Hindi (1159KB)
- Guide to adult care - Punjabi (1481KB)
- Guide to adult care - Urdu (2675KB)
- Guide to adult care - Ukrainian (888KB)
- Guide to adult care - Polish (635KB)
- Adult Care - easy read guide (1600KB)
- Prevention is Better than Cure - Factsheet (156KB)
- Prevention is Better than Cure - easy read fact sheet (272KB)
- Accessible Information Standard - easy read fact sheet (92KB)
- Universal Offer Factsheet (101KB)