Adult care services
We want you to stay independent for as long as possible.
We can give you information and advice about support and services in your local community to improve your quality of life to help prevent your care needs increasing.
About our services
We have a short video called 'Your Care Journey' that explains our services and processes.
How prevention services can help you
Prevention services are part of our universal offer. This offer is available to all Derbyshire residents and includes:
- information and advice
- signposting (including the First Contact Scheme which can put you in touch with individuals and partner organisations to support you)
- welfare benefits advice and checks to maximise income
- advice or an assessment of your social care needs
- a brokerage service to help you find and buy your own services
- Handy Van service
- befriending services
- minor home adaptations and equipment to help you
- advocacy services.
If you need more intensive care or support
For more intensive care and support you can contact Call Derbyshire tel: 01629 533190 email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our trained staff can offer advice and support. If they feel you meet the eligibility criteria for services, they'll pass your details onto an assessment worker local to you.
Your options and our processes
If you are assessed as needing funded care services you will be given a personal budget to help pay for what you need.
You will have a support plan that details your eligible and ineligible needs and how they will be met.
Most people are required to make a contribution to their care costs. Your adult care worker will be able to explain more about this so you can find out more about:
- paying for non-residential care − such as home care and day care
- paying for residential care − such as a care home or nursing home
A carer is someone who provides unpaid support to a family member or friend who couldn't manage without that help.
Carers in Derbyshire (opens in a new window) has information, advice and details of support services for carers in Derbyshire.
All carers are entitled to a carers assessment, which can be offered separately, or as part of the assessment of the person you care for. Our carers information includes:
Transition into adulthood
Transition services will help you move from children's to adult services. It will help introduce you to new workers and provide support to ensure the transition is positive, well planned and gives you choice and control over how you want to live your life.
Keeping people safe
If you're concerned that a vulnerable adult may be experiencing, or be at risk of, neglect or abuse please tel: 999 in an emergency. If you'd like to report or discuss your concerns please ring Call Derbyshire tel: 01629 533190.
Complaint, comment or compliment
If we ever plan to make changes to our services, we'll hold consultations with the public
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- Adult Care - A Guide (338KB)
- Adult Care - easy read guide (1600KB)
- Adult Care - A Guide (Alternate Language Simplified Chinese) (873KB)
- Adult Care - A Guide (Alternate Language Traditional Chinese) (891KB)
- Healthy and Warm in Derbyshire 2017 (920KB)
- Your Care Journey video transcript (87KB)
- Your guide to services (2618KB)