Families and children

There are different types of benefits you may be able to claim, depending on your circumstances.

If you're expecting a baby or adopting then you may be able to get statutory maternity pay or statutory adoption pay through your employer or Maternity Allowance.

If you're looking after a child or young person then you can make a claim for Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit up until they leave full time non-advanced education, or reach the age of 20.

If a child has a disability you may be able to claim Disability Living Allowance for them.

If you're in an area where Universal Credit is fully rolled out then you may need to make a claim for Universal Credit rather than a new claim for Child Tax Credit.

The leaflets attached to this page give you more information on these benefits. You can contact us for a full benefit check or further advice. Tel: 01629 531535 between 11am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.

Related documents

The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)

Information on other websites