Disability and carers benefits
There are different disability benefits that you can claim depending on your age and when you first claim.
If you have difficulty with your personal care or getting around, you may be able to claim Disability Living Allowance (if you're under 16), Personal Independence Payment or Attendance Allowance (if you're over 65). You can only claim one of these at a time.
If you look after someone who is receiving one of these benefits you may be able to claim Carer's Allowance.
The leaflets attached to this page give you more information on these benefits. You can contact us for a full benefit check or further advice. Tel: 01629 531535 between 11am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- Attendance Allowance - A Short Guide (172KB)
- Attendance Allowance Hints and Tips (163KB)
- Benefits for Carers (177KB)
- Carers Allowance under pensionable age (167KB)
- Carers Allowance pension age (180KB)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) - Filling in the Form (218KB)
- Disability Living Allowance for the over 65s (193KB)
- Disability Living Allowance - child (227KB)
- Disability Living Allowance hints and tips - child (162KB)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) - A Short Guide (270KB)
- Personal Independence Payment Medical Assessment (219KB)