To keep active, see your friends and get around it helps if you have healthy, pain-free feet.
If you can’t look after your feet, foot problems become more likely.
Blisters, corns and fungal infections can be extremely painful and stop you getting around. Usually these conditions can be prevented or dealt with easily.
If you’re having trouble looking after your feet, you can go to a number of places for help:
- your GP can tell you more about footcare services in your area
- there may be voluntary organisations near you offering help
- your local pharmacist or community centre may have information about local services
- Search for 'foot care' in Trusted Trader for information about a mobile foot clinic.
- A toenail cutting service is available to Chesterfield residents through the Chesterfield 50+ Inspired Group. One hour drop-in sessions are held at Saltergate Physiotherapy Clinic, Old NUM Buildings, Saltergate, Chesterfield on Tuesdays and Fridays from 1pm to 2pm.
- A free toenail cutting service is available to local residents at The Rectory Road Medical Centre, Staveley. For appointments and enquiries tel: 0844 412 7262.
- Tootsies footcare service - affordable footcare for people over 50. For information about venues around the county and prices, contact the Footcare Co-ordinator, Age UK Derby and Derbyshire, 29A Market Place, Heanor, DE75 7EG. Tel: 01773 768240 or email: email@example.com.