Youth and community engagement
We want to support our communities to build on their opportunities to engage with children, young people and their families in community based groups and activities.
Our youth and community engagement workers are based throughout Derbyshire and are here to support individuals, voluntary groups and constituted groups to engage their communities.
How our workers support your community
We can help with:
- the recruitment, training and supervision of our volunteers based within their communities.
- offering support to voluntary led groups focusing on 0 to 19-year-olds across Derbyshire - this can include information around the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), funding and training opportunities
- encouraging the growth of community based groups by listening to the needs of the community and developing these ideas with the local need in mind
- support to set up new initiatives at a community based level supported by your communities connected teams
- establishing youth forums across your area to listen to young people's voices and support them to act for change
- offering a helping hand when your group are applying for council funding including our Youth Activity Grant
- promoting your group or activities through many platforms
- supporting the setup of your constituted group by helping you identify the aims of your group, establishing a constitution and responsibilities of your members
- maintaining a local service directory, a place for the community to access an online database of support for children, young people and their families
To find out more about how your youth and community engagement worker can support you, please use your area's contact information.
Bolsover and North East Derbyshire
High Peak and North Derbyshire Dales:
South Derbyshire and South Derbyshire Dales