This includes the Derbyshire and Derbyshire emotional health and wellbeing service.
Derbyshire school nurses also provide support to children. The school nurse can work in and out of school to help provide or find support about keeping healthy, immunisations, emotional wellbeing, weight management, sexual health, smoking and alcohol.
Kooth is a children's and young people's online counselling service. This offers:
- live interactive counselling with qualified counsellors
- online community support groups supervised by counsellors
- guidance on wellbeing and supportive activities
Qwell is an online support service for parents/carers: This offers:
- live chat function for parents/carers to converse with a qualified counsellor in confidence available from midday to 10pm daily
- messaging function for parents/carers to contact the service, these are monitored and managed by counsellors, emotional wellbeing practitioners and media workers
- static topic-focused forums; forums encourage the development of a peer-supported community online
- an online magazine containing a wealth of topic specific resources, from mental health specific topics to more general subjects such as holidays, family, and relationships - over 50% of content is contributed by service users, all of which is post moderated
- crisis information, and self-help resources including journal and goal setting functionality
Building Sounds Minds
Building Sounds Minds provide specialist support for children and young people aged 0 to 17 who are likely to present emotional and mental difficulties but do not meet the thresholds for more specialist services. Through early intervention they aim to build resilience and reduce the development of more serious emotional and mental health issues, better preparing children and young people for the challenges of life.