Why foster in Derbyshire?
By choosing to foster for us you'll have access to a wide range of support, benefits, training and experience.
- a fostering support worker to help guide you and support you in your fostering role
- a comprehensive induction programme during your first year of fostering.
- a personal development and training programme, support groups and access to ongoing vocational training
- support from a mentor carer during the first six months of becoming a foster carer and at other times during your fostering career if necessary
- regular updates to our quarterly newsletter keeping you up-to-date with all our services, activities and news
- annual membership to Foster Talk.
- access to our employee support and counselling service
- a competitive package of financial support, including three extra weeks' holiday payments, additional payments for festivities and birthdays and help with school uniforms
To help you care for the children placed with you, you will have additional support including:
Ask about fostering
- access to consultation with a specialist child and adolescent mental health worker (CAMHS social worker) to help you meet the emotional needs of children in your care
- access to a clinical psychologist who specialises in working with looked after children
- support from the Virtual School.
- support from a specialist nurse to help you meet the health needs of children placed with you
- support and advice from the children's rights officer and advocacy service
- we run an IT grant scheme scheme for all foster carers approved by us. The grant is offered to foster carers to purchase IT equipment of their choice suitable for their fostering household
- free access to swimming and other leisure facilities