Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

Visual or hearing impairment

We work with children and young people up to the age of 18 and their families where a child has a sensory impairment.
Our community care workers can assess your needs, offer general advice and support and also advise on minor aids for the home.
We can also signpost to occupational therapy services for equipment or major adaptations to the home, welfare rights advice and tell you about local activities and support groups.
We also work closely with hearing support and visual support services which help children and young people with any additional needs around education and learning, including specialist equipment.
Parents and carers can request a specialist sensory assessment from the children’s community sensory team by contacting Call Derbyshire.
A professional can make a referral on behalf of a child or young person providing consent has been obtained from the parent or carer.
You can contact Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190 between 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9.30am to 4pm Saturdays. Call charges may vary and calls from mobile phones may cost considerably more.