Real stories from foster carers in Derbyshire.
We’ve got a fantastic team of foster carers who are busy providing caring, stable and happy homes for our children in care.
But we always need more people to come forward and join them.
Find out more about fostering by reading real life accounts from foster carers in your area.
- Buxton - Buxton couple Carol and Des Cafferty took the plunge and became foster carers with us in 2007.
- Chesterfield - Chesterfield carer Carol Miller grew up seeing the rewards that being a foster carer can bring and she is the latest member of her family to open her home to a Derbyshire child in need.
- Doveholes - One Derbyshire couple who heeded the call were Joanne and Ian Turner from Doveholes.
- Ilkeston - Ilkeston based carer Claire Greatorex says that her foster placement feels like one of the family.
- Matlock - Margaret Collick and her husband Tom say that age is no barrier to providing a loving home and that fostering has enriched their lives beyond belief.
- Old Whittington - Superstar foster carers Ruth and Phil Bird have welcomed hundreds of children into their home over the years.
- Swadlincote - Swadlincote foster carers Vanessa and Alan Truman started fostering for us in 2011 and have never looked back.