All bookings should be made a least one term in advance. Please contact us by phone or email to discuss your requirements. The booking will be confirmed on the receipt of a completed form. Please be aware there is limited availability for workshops and we do get booked up very quickly.
Maximum group size for all workshops at the Record Office is 15 (varies according to the session requested). A minimum of one adult to six pupils is required for key stages 1-4.
For workshops at your school, the maximum group size is according to your class.
The class teacher and a teaching assistant must be present. Additional charges apply for workshops delivered outside Derbyshire Record Office.
- Key Stage 1: 1-1 1/2 hours
- Key Stages 2-3: 2-3 hours
- College and university: please see college and university students.
The following costs apply to the 2014/15 financial year. All prices are subject to change from April 2015.
- School: £93 (workshops at your school will incur travel costs)
- College and university: see college and university students (a preparation fee of £63 may apply for significant adaptations to the standard session)
- Copies: see our fees and charges attached to this page
Getting to Derbyshire Record Office
Please see how to find us on our visiting us page. Please be aware that the Record Office is located on a narrow road, up a steep hill. A small car park is available for staff, customers and visitors.
The following document is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
The following document is in Word format. You will need a Word viewer installed on your computer in order to open these files.