Records management relates to the control of records, regardless of format, from their creation to either their destruction or transfer to the record office for permanent preservation.
The aims of our record management policies and procedures are to ensure that:
- we create and retain no more records than are necessary
- we comply with legal requirements in respect of our records
- our records are managed efficiently and effectively
We employ a records manager who's responsible for developing the corporate records management framework and also offers advice on all aspects of record keeping.
The records manager is available to assist with records management needs including:
- guidance on record keeping systems, both electronic and hard copy
- consultation leading to the development, review and renewal of retention schedules
- advice on the practical implementation of the Corporate Records Management Policy including the destruction of council records on expiry of retention periods
You can contact the records manager, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01629 539203.