Local studies at Duffield Library
This small library is rich in unusual local history materials donated by local people.
Resources available at Duffield Library:
- small book collection covering Duffield, nearby villages and Derby itself
- maps showing the development of the village 1841 to 1891
- news cuttings about the Hall, the Church, the Castle, Ecclesbourne School and local personalities
- exceptional illustrations collection, including the Bromby collection of over 500 slides and photographs
- Duffield Scene, the Community Association newsletter
- Little Eaton Enclosures Award 1911
- Appointment of Rent Charge ledger for Duffield 1938
- Duffield WI Book of History 1931
- Duffield Today and Supplement 1965, a prize-winning scrapbook for the National Village WI Competition 1965 Jubilee (including photos)
- Duffield Flora by Kate Gilbert 1990, a detailed illustrated guide to local plants and flowers.
Go to Duffield Library.