Elvaston Castle information centre and shop
Elvaston's information centre and shop is located in the historic cobbled courtyard.
You can find it easily by walking from the castle, through the archway underneath the clock tower.
You'll also find public toilets, with a disabled toilet and a baby changing area (ladies toilet only due to space restrictions in the gents) within the courtyard. There is a large noticeboard underneath the archway containing a site map and information relating to events on the park.
The park office is located in this courtyard, as are the Earl of Harrington's stables, once used to house his prize stallions. The stables are now used as a display area, with the potential to house small scale local art exhibitions.
See if you can spot the wheel wash area, where carriages were washed down before they were put away for the day!
The information centre and shop provides:
- helpful staff
- two mobility scooters - 'Trampers' (available for membership or hire)
- a well-stocked gift shop, offering items ranging from greeting cards and quality recycled picnic blankets, to pocket money toys and eco-friendly gifts
- hot and cold drinks
- confectionery, ice cream and pre-packaged muffins and flapjacks
- seasonal heritage vegetables and plants grown on site
- a wide range of information leaflets and booklets − most are free
- maps and information about the park and local nature reserve
- our annual Destination sites and events guide.
Information centre and shop opening times
1 April to 31 October
Friday to Monday from 11am to 4.30pm.
1 November to 31 March
Friday to Monday from 10am to 3.30pm.
We're open seven days per week during all Derbyshire school holidays.
If the Easter break falls in March, shop times may vary.
If you have any queries you can contact the Information Centre and Shop, tel: 01629 533884 during shop opening hours. When the shop is closed, call our main office, tel: 01629 533870.