Things to do at Elvaston Castle
Whatever the season, there's always something to do in the park.
The park consists of approximately 321 acres, some of which is not accessible to visitors. There is however, a bridleway around the perimeter of the estate (horses, cyclists and pedestrians) and numerous foot paths to guide you through the castle grounds. Things to do include:
- walking, including dog-walking and health walking
- horse riding
- Local Nature Reserve
- wayfaring / orienteering
- activities and events
- Access For All facilities
- cycling, including national cycle route 6
- bird watching throughout the park and Local Nature Reserve where six hides are located
- photography - wildlife and landscape
- play area in the main car park for young children, to be used according to your child's ability and under supervision at all times please.
Our detailed site map is attached to this page.
The following document is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)