Countryside sites: commercial opportunities
Do you have an idea for sustainable development on our sites?
We're keen to explore, where possible, the development of our countryside sites in a manner that is sensitive to the site and the enjoyment of current users. We also want to increase visitor use and enjoyment and generate an income.
There are a number of potential areas we could consider:
- We have a number of large busy country parks with the potential for visitor based activities such as events catering and possibly retail.
- There are reclaimed colliery sites, mainly in the east of the county, whose landscapes are now maturing into high quality green open space and conservation areas. They now have potential for events and activities.
- The county is covered by a network of trails and greenways for cyclists, horse riders and pedestrians.
- We own parts of both the Chesterfield Canal and Cromford Canal. Both are well used by visitors and offer all sorts of potential for development.
- Our large picnic sites offer a possible location for catering, retail or events.
- Our small picnic sites are a possible site for smaller events and activities.
- There are a large number of woodlands throughout the county which might be suitable for activities or events or possible sustainable management.
The suitability of development types will vary between individual sites and some sites will be able to accommodate more robust activities, for example paintballing or large events. while others would only accommodate much lower key events.
Please contact us if you have an idea however as although one site may not be suitable we may have others that are.
Our regulations mean that any development that was taken forward would have to be subject to a formal procurement process. However, if you have an idea you would like to discuss informally or if you would like to know more about any of our sites please use the form on this page to contact us.
Note: Asterisks (*) indicate required information.
If you experience any problems with this form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and quote form ID: ILF/560/09