Access for all
Ever wondered where you can access in the countryside?
Ever wondered how to get started?
Ever wandered… on a tramper?
Derbyshire is the perfect place to explore for people of all abilities.
Traffic-free trails, bridleways and byways connect beautiful countryside and quiet villages through green hills and rugged open moorland.
Access Derbyshire is an initiative aimed at improving countryside access for all people.
Our 300km of greenways are predominantly accessible for wheelchairs, mobility scooters and anyone who wants easy access to the beautiful Derbyshire countryside.
The network has only gentle gradients and easy start and finish locations.
You can now hire a 'tramper' scooter, designed to cope with rough and tough terrain.
They give people with mobility problems the chance to get out and about in the Derbyshire countryside, from our countryside sites.
We have bought 10 mobility scooters that are available to hire in advance from:
- Shipley Country Park tel: 01629 533991
- Elvaston Castle Country Park tel: 01629 533870
- Middleton Top Visitor Centre tel: 01629 533298
- Tapton Lock Visitor Centre tel: 01629 533020
- Creswell Crags Museum and Education Centre tel: 01909 720378
- High Peak Junction tel: 01629 533298
Access for All countryside sites
The following countryside sites all have easy Access For All:
- Chesterfield Canal
- Cotmanhay Linear Park
- Cromford Canal
- Cromford Wharf
- Elvaston Castle Country Park
- Five Pits Trail
- Grassmoor Country Park
- High Peak Trail
- Kirk Hallam Lake and Meadows
- Middleton Top Visitor Centre
- Nutbrook Trail
- Pinxton Wharf
- Sett Valley Trail
- Shipley Country Park
- Stockley Trail
- Tapton Lock Visitor Centre
- Willington Picnic Site
To request further information or to send us your comments please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
The following document is in Word format. You will need a Word viewer installed on your computer in order to open these files.
- Access for All poster (1678KB)
- Access Derbyshire map (836KB)
- Access Derbyshire leaflet (460KB)
- Tramper membership registration form (127KB)
- Tramper hire terms and conditions (48KB)
- Tramper hire (76KB)