Save time and money by checking what's already in your cupboard, fridge and freezer before you go shopping.
The benefits of planning:
- saves money by using up what's left
- saves time
- enables you to cook double and freeze half
- prevents buying things you already have
- can help get others involved in meal planning and preparation
- more nutritionally balanced meals
- less stressful - no need to try and think of the things to eat each day
- helps use up freezer meals.
You could use a piece of paper, a chalkboard or a whiteboard to create a meal plan.
Paper meal planners can be downloaded from www.lovefoodhatewaste.com (opens in a new window). There are also two meal planners with a weeks worth of meals to help you get started.
Check out the Love Food Hate Waste website (opens in a new window) for recipe ideas using the food you already have - look under 'recipes' and 'what food needs using up'.