Ideas for reusing or recycling cardboard.
- Keep larger cardboard boxes for storage or in case you or a friend need to move house.
- Smaller boxes are useful for posting gifts or transporting items.
- Use boxes as containers to keep your recycling tidy.
- Add small quantities of cardboard to your compost bin. For more information on making your own compost, visit our composting pages.
- Add it to your kerbside collection where available. Please contact your local district, borough or city council for more information about kerbside collection schemes.
- Take unwanted cardboard to the cardboard skip at our household waste recycling centres.
Facts about card recycling
- Corrugated packaging material consists of nearly 100% recycled material.