Cans (Steel and Aluminium)
Ways to recycle steel and aluminium cans.
- All councils offer kerbside collections of cans and tins. Contact your local council for more information about kerbside collection schemes.
- At your nearest household waste recycling centre.
Beyond the bank
Take a look and see what happens to your cans and tins once they reach the recycling plant.
Facts about Metal recycling
- Metal cans are 100% recyclable; they can be recycled again and again and can be back on the shelf within 60 days.
- One metal drinks can, over the cycle of a year, can be recycled eight times. This saves enough energy to make another 160 cans.
Facts about Aluminium can recycling
- 75% of the aluminium ever made is still in productive use today!
- The energy saved by recycling one aluminium drink can would run a fridge for an hour.