The decision has been taken in light of Government guidelines on social distancing to help prevent the spread of coronavirus and we apologise for any inconvenience which may be caused.
There have been 5 winners since the launch of the promotion on 2 March 2020 and if you have a golden ticket you can still check to find out if you are a winner.
Check your ticket
Everyone who checked a ticket but was unsuccessful and left us their contact details will still be entered into a prize draw to win £100. This will be drawn in the coming weeks and the winner will be notified.
Please look out for details about the campaign resuming later in the year.
Our household waste recycling centres remain open at present.
If you’re unsuccessful this time, don’t forget to leave your contact details to be entered into a prize draw to win £100.
Good luck and thank you for recycling.
Terms and conditions
- Eligibility: This prize promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to participants who live within the administrative boundaries of Derbyshire County Council and are aged 18 or over (the "Participants"), and will start at 00.01am on Monday 2 March and finish at either 11.59pm on Sunday 5 April 2020, or, when all the numbered tickets have been allocated, whichever is earlier.
- The Promotion is promoted by Derbyshire County Council, County Hall, Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 3AG (the "Promoter").
- The Promotion is not open to any person directly or indirectly involved in the Promotion or their immediate families.
- Participants will be given a numbered ticket in exchange for depositing one household electrical item at one of Derbyshire County Council’s household waste recycling centres. One ticket will be issued per electrical item. Tickets will not be issued for batteries, electrical wires and cables. Participants may deposit household items only. Tickets cannot be issued to participants once they have left the recycling centre for items already deposited at our sites.
- Although there is no limit to the number of electrical items that a participant may bring, there is a limit of 50,000 tickets. Tickets are therefore issued on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, and once all the tickets have been issued, the Promotion will end.
- There will be 14 winning tickets with 14 cash prizes of £100 each and a further ‘second chance’ draw for a 15th prize of £100 cash (the “Prizes”). The 14 winning ticket numbers will be selected at random from all possible ticket numbers. In order to have a chance of winning, Participants must visit the Promoter’s website and input the ticket number and their contact details to find out whether they have won. The Participant consents to their personal data being used by the Promoter for this purpose.
- All tickets must be checked by 11.59pm on Sunday 3 May 2020.
- Participants who have been informed they are winners must send the original ticket to the Promoter’s communications team in order to claim a Prize and include the location of the recycling centre where their winning ticket was issued. The ticket should be posted to:
Derbyshire County Council
- Participants who input their ticket number online and find they have not won will be invited to enter into a further ‘second chance’ prize draw for a £100 Prize. In this draw, following the input of their contact details, a 15th winner will be selected at random. The winner will be notified by telephone within five working days of being selected.
- If any Prize winner cannot be traced after reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter, that winner will forego the right to claim their Prize and the Promoter will arrange for a replacement winner to be selected.
- The Prize winners should allow 28 days for delivery of their Prize. Delivery will be arranged by the Promoter in discussion with the Prize winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this Promotion and without notice due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- The Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-changeable.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of similar value should the specified Prize become unavailable for any reason.
- Entry to the Promotion confirms you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Incomplete, illegible or fraudulent entries will be considered void.
- The Promotion is governed by English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.