Reducing, reusing or recycling plastic items.
- Buy bigger size products where possible - they last longer and often have refill options available.
- Consider buying concentrates - fabric conditioner, squash, liquid detergent and hand wash are all examples where concentrates may be available.
- Buy fruit and vegetables loose to avoid plastic packaging.
- Reuse plastic drinks bottles.
- Tubs and containers are useful for storing items or for a packed lunch.
- All councils now offer kerbside collections of plastic bottles, pots and tubs - contact your local council for more information about kerbside collection schemes.
- Plastic bottles, pots and tubs and rigid plastic can be recycled at our household waste recycling centres.
Did you know?
- 25 plastic drinks bottles can become a fleece jacket.
- It takes a quarter of the energy to make a plastic bottle from recycled plastic as it does from new materials.
- Concentrated products contain less water so can reduce packaging by over 50%.