Reducing or recycling junk mail.
- Visit the Mailing Preference Service to stop direct junk mail or tel: 08457 034599.
- Royal Mail has an ‘opt out’ system for residents to choose to decline flyers and unaddressed junk mail - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact your bank, building society and credit card companies and ask them not to send you promotional mail, for example for loans, credit cards and mortgages.
- Take your junk mail to the paper banks at local recycling centres or to any of our household waste recycling centres.
- Shred your junk mail and add it to your compost heap - find out more about composting by visiting our composting pages.