Reducing, reusing and recycling envelopes.
- Send emails instead of letters where possible.
- Consider sending eCards rather than material greetings and Christmas cards.
- Place new address labels over the previous address and reuse your envelopes.
- Use the backs of envelopes for notes or shopping lists.
- Envelopes are difficult to recycle due to the glue that is on them - they can be added to your compost bin (please make sure you remove the plastic window).
- Some councils may recycle them (please make sure you remove the plastic window) - check with your local district, borough or city council for kerbside collections in your area.