Reducing, reusing or recycling old carpets.
- Spruce up you carpet by using a carpet cleaner.
- If the carpet is in good condition, sell it through advertising in your local newspaper or on community noticeboards.
- Check to see if your local charity shop can make use of it.
- Offer it on your local Freecycle or Freegle network.
- Cut it up into smaller sizes and use them as mats for the shed, back door or in the garage.
- Use old carpet as a pond liner (under the waterproof membrane).
- Use it on top of your compost heap to insulate it in winter and then cover with a waterproof sheet or lid.