Bottles and jars (glass)
Reducing, reusing or recycling glass and plastic bottles and jars.
- Buy bigger size products where possible - they last longer and there are often refill options available.
- Consider buying concentrates - concentrated products such as juice drinks can reduce packaging by over 50%.
- Use glass jars as storage containers for homemade jam or chutney.
- Glass jars can make decorative tea light holders when painted.
Please make sure to clean bottles and jars thoroughly before they are recycled.
- Recycle clean bottles and jars in your kerbside recycling scheme - contact your local council for more information about what you can recycle at your kerbside.
- Take clean bottles and jars to recycling banks where available - they can also be recycled at our household waste recycling centres.
Did you know?
- Glass is 100% recyclable and can be endlessly reprocessed with no loss of quality.
- Recycling two bottles saves enough energy to boil enough water for five cups of tea.