Reducing, reusing or recycling books.
- You can now download ebooks or audio books to ebook readers and smartphones.
- Our libraries offer a free ebook service (please note they cannot currently support Amazon Kindle), see the ebooks page for more information.
- Let family or friends borrow your books.
- Donate your unwanted books to local charity shops.
- Sell them at second hand book shops, car boot sales and/or jumble sales.
- Sell your old books on internet auction sites.
- Take them to the media banks at our household waste recycling centres.
Recycle (poor condition)
Unfortunately books cannot be recycled in paper factories because of the glue that binds them.
- Rip pages out and add them to your compost bin.
- Some book covers can make decorative covers for notebooks.