Batteries (household and car)
Reducing, reusing or recycling household and car batteries.
- Use electrical mains where possible.
- Purchase appliances that do not require batteries such as solar powered calculators, wind-up radios or torches or appliances with rechargeable batteries for example cameras.
- Find recycling boxes for batteries in electrical stores, libraries, supermarkets and stores selling batteries.
- Household and car batteries can be recycled at our household waste recycling centre - each site has a dedicated household battery recycling bank.
- Some district or borough councils offer a kerbside collection for batteries - please contact your local district, borough or city council for more information about kerbside collection schemes.