Children's workforce leadership and management development
Good leadership is fundamental to the delivery of excellent services and support.
It makes a significant difference to the lives of people who use services, to local communities, to employers whatever their size and to their staff.
The leadership framework shows what leadership looks like in terms of different contexts reflecting the diversity of children's services − in terms of practice leadership, in terms of collaborative leadership, working with a range of stakeholders, and in terms of community leadership, with communities taking the initiative in shaping services.
The framework can be used across the children's workforce for all levels of leadership.
The leadership framework and self-assessment tool, which should be used in your supervision and My Plan discussions, are attached to this page. There's also a list of current management development activities.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
The following documents are in Word format. You will need a Word viewer installed on your computer in order to open these files.
- Children's services leadership framework (463KB)
- Children's services leadership framework self assessment tool (522KB)
- Guidance on using the children's services leadership framework (25KB)
- Children's services leadership and management development activities (72KB)
- Children's services supervision policy (989KB)