Working with children and young people in Derbyshire
Children and younger adults integrated workforce development training.
The children and young people's workforce includes a wide range or statutory and non-statutory (private, voluntary, community and independent) partners - who all contribute to improving the lives of children, young people and families in Derbyshire.
A Fair Deal for Derbyshire
- A Derbyshire that works.
- A healthy Derbyshire.
- A Safer Derbyshire.
- A Derbyshire that cares.
- A local Derbyshire.
Whether you currently work or volunteer within the sector or are considering working or volunteering there are workforce training opportunities that may be available to support you in your role.
Effective practice in the children and younger people's workforce requires committed, enthusiastic and reflective practitioners with a range and depth of knowledge, skills and understanding.
Through initial and on-going training and development, practitioners need to develop, demonstrate and improve their:
- awareness of safeguarding and child protection
- health and safety awareness in practice
- active risk assessment
- current legislation
- relationships with children, young people and families
- understanding of the individual and the diverse ways that children and young people learn
- knowledge and understanding in order to actively support and extend children's learning in and across all areas and aspects of learning
- practice in meeting all children's needs, learning styles and interests
- work with parents, carers and the wider community
- work with other professional in a multi-agency capacity
- service for care of children and young people with differing abilities, needs, racial identity, sexual identity, cultural and religious background.
We are committed to developing a multi-agency approach to the training and development of Derbyshire's children and young people. Our workforce strategy has more information.
The following document is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)