Training offered by our integrated workforce development team is all about supporting your personal development within the workplace. Effective practice in the children's services workforce requires committed, enthusiastic and reflective practitioners with a breadth and depth of knowledge, skills and understanding.
Our training is designed to help you develop, demonstrate and continuously improve your:
- relationships with both children and adults
- understanding of the individual and diverse ways that children develop and learn
- knowledge and understanding in order to actively support and extend children’s learning in and across all areas and aspects of learning
- practice in meeting all children’s needs, learning styles and interests
- work with parents, carers and the wider community
- work with other professionals within and beyond the setting
- services for care of children and young people with differing abilities, needs, racial identity, sexual identity, cultural and religious backgrounds
Much of our training is available to all practitioners working with children and young people - paid employment, voluntary, full-time or part-time. There are a few exceptions where courses are targeted for certain groups. Please read carefully the section in the course description labelled ‘Target Audience’ to ensure the course is appropriate for you.
To help track your own personal development we need your agreement to hold personal details about you. Please complete the personal training profile form attached to this page. A certificate of attendance will be given out after each training session so you can evidence your own continuous professional development.