Training offered by our integrated workforce development team is all about supporting your personal development within the workplace. Effective practice in the children's services workforce requires committed, enthusiastic and reflective practitioners with a breadth and depth of knowledge, skills and understanding.
Our training is designed to help you develop, demonstrate and continuously improve your:
- relationships with both children and adults
- understanding of the individual and diverse ways that children develop and learn
- knowledge and understanding in order to actively support and extend children’s learning in and across all areas and aspects of learning
- practice in meeting all children’s needs, learning styles and interests
- work with parents, carers and the wider community
- work with other professionals within and beyond the setting
- services for care of children and young people with differing abilities, needs, racial identity, sexual identity, cultural and religious backgrounds.
Much of our training is available to all practitioners working with children and young people whether that be paid employment, voluntary, full time or part time. There are a few exceptions where courses are targeted for certain groups. Please read carefully the section in the course description labelled ‘Target Audience’ to ensure the course is appropriate for you.
To help track your own personal development, a certificate of attendance will be given out after each training session enabling you to evidence your own continuous professional development.
Claire Austin, manager - email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01629 532053
Di Hinchley, business services officer - email: email@example.com or Tel: 01629 532093
Admin team - email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01629 536546
Jo Glassbrook – email: email@example.com or Tel: 01629 532057
Beth Simpson – email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01629 532096
Alexandra Mackay - email: email@example.com or Tel: 01629 532099
Sharron Charlton - email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01629 532776