Learning outside the classroom courses
We offer a series of workshops and training courses for teachers, teaching assistants and group leaders designed to get you and your young people learning outside the classroom.
Our offer for 2018 will soon be available.
Our programme for 2018 will include:
- Derbyshire Forest School day
- Derbyshire Learning Outside the Classroom Conference
- Introduction to Forest School
- Forest School Skills Development
- Learning Outside the Classroom Part 1: Key Stage 1 & 2: (English, History, Music, Art)
- Learning Outside the Classroom Part 2: Key Stage 1 & 2 (Maths, Science and Geography)
- half day or twilight sessions - £55 per person
- full day sessions - £80 per person.
Tailor made workshops and training days
We can create a bespoke adult training workshop for you, your staff and your needs. This could focus on:
- how to use and develop your school grounds to deliver a wide range of different curriculum subjects
- forest School taster sessions for adult staff
- how to plan fieldwork programmes effectively and look at risk-benefit analysis
- how to use your built heritage and architecture for effective teaching and learning
- how to teach about climate change, energy use of make your school more sustainable.
- half day or twilight sessions - £450
- full day sessions - £650.
This includes planning, preparation, resources and delivery. Maximum group size depends on activities and location. Please get in touch.
Derbyshire Environmental Studies Service
Dale Road South
tel: 01629 533439