School names and addresses
Details of all schools within Derbyshire.
All children are entitled to a full-time reception place in an infant or primary school from the September (start of the academic year) in which they have their fifth birthday.
You can apply for a school place online or by telephoning Call Derbyshire, tel: 01629 533190. You can also request a paper form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01629 537499.
- Nursery schools provide education for two to four-year-olds.
- The primary phase caters for pupils aged four to 11.
- Infant schools cater for four to seven-year-olds.
- Junior schools cater for seven to 11-year-olds.
- Primary schools cater for four to 11-year-olds.
- Secondary schools provide education for pupils aged 11 plus.
- Special schools cater for a variety of different ages. If your child attends a special school, they will have a statement of special educational needs.
Search for a school
The search doesn't include any schools outside Derbyshire, within Derby City geographic area, independent schools or early years (private, voluntary or independent) provider settings, for example private nurseries and pre-schools.
It will not bring up details of any of the Catholic Primary or Secondary schools in Derbyshire. The location and contact details of these are attached to this page.
- search for a nursery school (opens in a new window)
- search for an infant school (opens in a new window)
- search for a junior school (opens in a new window)
- search for a primary school (opens in a new window)
- search for a secondary school (opens in a new window)
- search for a special school (opens in a new window)
- search for a support centre (opens in a new window)
You can find details of early years settings on our childcare search (opens in a new window) page and the independent schools directory (opens in a new window)
The following document is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)