Out of school tuition
We work with individual children and young people who are unable to attend their school for specific reasons. Your child's school retains the responsibility for your child's education.
We work with children and young people of compulsory school age, who are resident within Derbyshire.
We might work with your child if they are temporarily unable to attend school for any of the following reasons:
- medical reasons
- mental health related problems
We may also work with your child following a referral from another agency. If your child is referred to us for medical or mental health reasons, you will need to provide a letter from a consultant or appropriate medical practitioner.
- appoint a tutor to work on a one to one basis for a limited time period
- provide up to three sessions of tuition each week.
- only provide tuition during school hours and Derbyshire school terms
- work with school to deliver an appropriate curriculum to assist a planned return to school.
We will expect your child to return to school as soon as is appropriate.
If you are worried about your child, discuss your concerns with school.
They will know if they can help your child or whether they need to contact us or perhaps involve another service. You can also contact us to discuss your concerns, but we are only able to support your child following a referral from your child's school.
To contact us email: firstname.lastname@example.org