Children with English as an additional language
The budget to support pupils with English as an additional language was delegated to schools in April 2013.
For strategic or development queries email: firstname.lastname@example.org contact Nigel Groom on tel: 01629 532709 or tel: 07772 882187.
Arrangements are in place with Nottinghamshire and Stockport Children's Services to provide a traded advice and support for schools which require it. Details are available from Nigel Groom.
Useful resources and reference documents for schools and parents are attached to this page.
The following documents are in Word format. You can download software to view Word documents for free from the Word viewer page (opens in a new window) of the Microsoft website.
- Supporting English as an additional language in Derbyshire (298KB)
- EAL Initial Language Assessment Document for Early Years KS1 Derbyshire (208KB)
- EAL Initial Language Assessment Document for KS2 KS3 KS4 Derbyshire (218KB)
- EAL Pupils in KS4 Exam Classes (109KB)
- EAL Pupils in Nursery Education (124KB)
- EAL Pupils in Primary Education (119KB)
- EAL Pupils in Secondary Education (123KB)
- Supporting your Child at School (266KB)
- EAL Pupils with Additional Needs (147KB)