Traveller education offers support to schools and families. Traveller children are from Gypsy, Irish Traveller, Fairground, and Circus families.
Research studies have consistently identified Gypsy Roma Traveller (GRT) pupils as the group most at risk in the education system. However, research evidence also confirms that, when GRT pupils are given the right learning environment and experiences, they can be equally as successful as any other group.
The following services are provided for GRT communities:
- to promote with families access to education from Early Years to KS4
- work with schools to support continuity of education
- work strategically, and in partnership with schools to raise attainment and achievement
- offer training to schools
- provide advice on issues such as professional development and assessment
- provide access to resources for loan to schools
- make targeted home visits to support continuity and achievement
- provide time-limited funding to improve pupil attainment.
For further details please contact email: email@example.com or contact Nigel Groom on tel: 07772 882187.