With a wealth of expertise under one roof, White Hall is a training and assessment centre for a number of adventurous activities, including mountaineering, climbing, canoeing and caving.
Accreditation courses should not be regarded as an introduction to the activity, all require previous course attendance or past experience. You will need to be registered with the relevant governing body:
- walking, mountaineering and climbing awards - Mountain Training (opens in a new window)
- canoeing awards - British Canoe Union (opens in a new window)
- caving awards - British Caving Association (opens in a new window).
Reassessments for all the governing body schemes can sometimes be provided through the centre − these are arranged individually.
People often ask us whether we offer accreditation courses on different dates or in different formats. We are happy to do this if there are enough people to run a course.
Upcoming courses and activities (opens in a new window) can be found on the White Hall website. This contains details of all the courses, dates, prices and how to book a place.
If you require any further information or you would like us to post any of the documents please contact us.
In addition to national qualifications, Derbyshire also has two local qualifications:
- Derbyshire Climbing Wall Supervisor Award
- Derbyshire Mountain Bike Leader Award.