We believe that it's always unacceptable for learners or staff to experience abuse of any kind.
We recognise that it's our responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all learners, visitors, staff or volunteers by a commitment to practice that protects you from exploitation or abuse.
We'll seek to safeguard you by:
- valuing you, listening to you, and respecting you
- developing safeguarding guidelines and a code of behaviour for learners, visitors, staff and volunteers
- recruiting and appointing staff and volunteers safely
- sharing information about concerns with agencies who need it
- involving learners and their carers or parents appropriately and sensitively.
What is Prevent?
Prevent is the Government's strategy to discourage and prevent people from becoming involved in violent extremism or supporting terrorism, in all its forms. The Prevent duty requires educational establishments like us to model British values in their practice and to use opportunities to explore British values and to challenge extremism. British values include: democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs.
The Prevent programmes works with people who are vulnerable to exploitation, using early engagement activities to encourage individuals and communities to challenge violent extremist ideologies and behaviours.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)