Traineeships for learners
Traineeships are a new programme for people between the ages of 16 and 24 years old that want to work but need the extra support to get an apprenticeship work placement opportunity.
Learners that take part in a traineeship will be supported by our Adult Community Education Service to develop the skills and workplace experience that employers require to make them more attractive to employers to start their career through an apprenticeship programme.
Experience shows that employers are seeking young people that have the right attitude and skills when applying for an apprenticeship. We will help you to achieve exactly that. People that enrol for a traineeship with our Adult Community Education Service will have an opportunity to undertake a work placement as well as work skills training with our support to improve abilities in maths and English.
Depending upon your needs, a range of support and flexible training can help with quick progression onto an apprenticeship. Traineeships are aimed at people between the ages of 16 to 24 years old that meet the following requirements:
- Are not currently in a job and have little work experience but are focused upon work or the prospect that it offers.
- Have qualifications below Level 3.
- Have been resident in the EU for the past three years (and have proof of this).
- Are keen, enthusiastic, reliable, and ready and eager for to start their career.
All learners looking to start a traineeship will be subject to a pre-screening interview, sometimes referred to as a diagnostic, to ensure you are ready for this fantastic opportunity. The course structure provides a 12 week process of support from our Adult Community Education Service and a local employer before transferring to a full apprenticeship or into work.
The traineeship has a core offer in the classroom which includes:
- ICT functional skills
- Move on Up Level 1 Aim Award
- get connected
- one of four vocational programmes of learning in retail, customer service, catering or business administration.
For further information on our traineeship programmes and services to people who want to get into work, please contact us, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01629 536568.