Being your own boss
Could you start your own business?
Everyone has the potential to run their own successful business, our Being Your Own Boss programme looks at the skills and knowledge you'll need to start and manage your own successful business and help you to realise your full potential. Programmes include:
Start your own business
Look at how to go self-employed and the skills and knowledge you'll need to start and manage a successful business.
- accessing free support available to new-start businesses
- assessing your ability to run a successful business
- identifying the viability of a business idea
- identifying different business structures
- understanding legislation affecting new-start businesses
- identifying risks attached to starting a business.
Producing your own business plan
Look at how to put together your business plan and the potential to use it to access funding.
- structuring, arranging presentation and content of a business plan
- analysing each section
- do's and don'ts
- business plan requirements and eligibility of potential sources of funding
- business plan templates and how to complete them to access potential sources of funding
- ongoing support to help you complete your business plan and submission.
Money and making a profit
Look at how to set up a simple money management system for your new business.
- calculating the business pricing structure
- understanding tax implications and responsibilities
- preparing small business accounts
- producing a cash-flow forecast
- keeping financial records
- considering ways of raising finance
- identifying sources of external expertise.
Look at how to produce a sales and marketing plan, create cost effective ways of attracting customers and persuading them to buy your products and services.
- What am I offering?
- Who will be my customers?
- What will persuade them to buy from me?
- What selling methods are going to work for me?
- How many sales do I need to make?
- Who is the competition and how can I compete?
Using social media to find new customers and opportunities
Look at how to take advantage of this method of promoting your business and finding new customers.
- choose and use different social media channels
- create accounts
- comply with legislation
- schedule when messages will go out
- reach out to new potential customers
- promote marketing campaigns.
Programmes are available at venues throughout Derbyshire and are free to unemployed people, for further details please contact Chris Callandine on 07852 264504 or at email@example.com