Our Adult Community Education Service recruits volunteers around the county to help deliver services to the people of Derbyshire. This includes classroom support volunteers, landscape and site volunteers, publicity and marketing volunteers, general centre administrator volunteers and volunteers for one off events and activities.
Many of our volunteers have gone on to further learning or employment. Some of our former volunteers have gone on to be employed learner support assistants and adult education tutors. Take a look at the eco centre Wednesday group’s story for how volunteering has led to successful achievement of related grounds maintenance qualifications.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please fill out the form attached to this page and return it to your local adult community education centre by email, in person or by post. Here’s some examples of how you could use your skills to volunteer with us:
- using your reading, maths or computer skills to support learners who need a little extra help on our functional skills, Get Technology or GCSE classes
- using your people skills to work with young people on our programmes
- distributing leaflets in your local area
- drawing on your knowledge of mental health issues to help out in classes for those experiencing mental ill health
- getting practical and working on our grounds and doing tools maintenance
- using your strengths of organisation, administration or computers to help out with office tasks
- anything else you can suggest based on your skills and interests
Potential volunteers will be subject to reference and suitability checks before any offer of volunteer placement is made. This may include a DBS check for some roles.