Your thoughts and experiences really do matter, and we take time to consider and review all the feedback that we receive. We use this information to:
- continually improve our service to learners and ensure that our learners’ needs are being met
- ensure that we are delivering our learning in the best and most cost effective way
- help our learners understand what learning can do for them by showing them, in your words, what to expect from the courses and the benefits that learning can have.
If you would like to us know if we are doing something well or feel that we can improve in any way then please fill in a comment card, available at all our adult education centres. You can do this anonymously or provide your contact details if you would like a reply.
Annual FE Choices – Learner Satisfaction Survey
Your views are essential! This is your opportunity to feedback your comments about your learning experience to the Skills Funding Agency (the SFA is the body that funds your learning). Your views will be used to generate a measure of the performance of our Service which can be compared against other colleges and providers in England. This rating will help us to see how well we are doing compared with other organisations and to respond accordingly. It will also help future learners to decide if they want to learn at our organisation.
Towards the end of your course, your tutor will provide you with the opportunity to complete an evaluation of your learning experience. This will online in our virtual learning environment, Moodle, on the DACES website or be paper-based.
Speak with our staff
Our friendly and approachable staff are available if you would like to speak with them about general improvements that you feel can be made, or to comment on what we are doing well. This can be an informal chat, or you can ask the staff to fill out a comment card on your behalf.
If you wish to make a complaint about your course, we would initially encourage you to speak with your tutor, who will do everything they can to resolve the issue. For further information regarding our complaints procedure, please see our terms and conditions page.
Other opportunities for feedback
From time to time, we will ask our learners if they would like to help us with feedback in other ways. This includes:
- For our events, including nominating our most exemplary staff for recognition as part of our Adult Learners’ Week celebrations.
- Taking part in a learner focus group activity - at certain times of the year we run informal leaner focus group activities in our centres, where learners come together informally with a staff member to discuss specific issues such as learning resources, Equality and Diversity, and the Safe Learner.
- Opportunities to feed back to Ofsted, who regulate education providers like us, to ensure that our standards remain high. In our most recent Ofsted inspection, in 2012, we were rated Good. The Ofsted report is attached to this page.
To fill out the survey, visit the Ofsted learner view website.
To see some of the comments from our learners and the stores they have shared with us, visit our learner comments and success stories pages.
Ideas for new courses
If you would like to see a particular course or subject area included in our programme we would love to hear from you. Please let us know by contacting your local adult education centre. If we can get sufficient interest for a particular course we may be able to include it in our programme.
We hope that you will have enjoyable time learning with us but if you do have a complaint we want to deal with it fairly and swiftly. Please talk over the situation with your tutor initially. If this does not resolve the matter, or you feel unable to talk to your tutor, then please ask for the contact details of the relevant programme development manager. The next step would be to write to the learning and skills manager, who will do everything possible to address the issue.
If the Learning and Skills manager is unable to resolve the matter to your satisfaction it will be referred to the head of the Adult Community Education Service. If you were still not satisfied, you can contact Call Derbyshire email: email@example.com or tel: 01629 533190.