Our curriculum is arranged around these key themes:
- Get creative (e.g. painting, drawing, recycled crafts, sugar craft, textiles, floristry, pottery, photography)
- Get hands on (e.g. construction, DIY, upholstery, woodworking, woodland crafts, gardening, dry stone walling)
- Get learning as a family (e.g. play, parenting, crafts, outdoors, family cooking)
- Get active and healthy (e.g. physical activities, Discover Derbyshire, healthy eating, cooking, nature study)
- Get into technology (e.g. computers, eBay, digital cameras, tablets, smartphones, internet-based activities)
- Get into languages (e.g. all languages excluding English)
- Get ahead in Life and Work (e.g. English and maths, personal development, ready for work, childcare. Get On, first aid, business, independent living)
- Get into work (e.g. employability, apprenticeship and traineeship programmes).
You can explore all these themes in more detail by visiting our Get into learning pages. You can also search for your perfect course by theme using our course search facility. Once you've found the course you're interested in, you can view further details by clicking the ‘full course description’ option on the course page.
Across our curriculum, we also embed these themes into our learning programmes as appropriate:
- Functional Skills (to include English & maths)
- Family Learning
- Education for Sustainable Development (ESD)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.