Each summer, with the help of the district and borough councils, we carry out a maintenance programme on all the dual carriageways in the county.
The work includes cutting the grass on the central reservations and at the sides of the roads, picking up litter, emptying the gullies and drains, fixing any potholes, and any other bits of maintenance work that needs carrying out.
Derbyshire County Council’s Cabinet Member for Highways Assets and Transport, Councillor Kewal Singh Athwal, said:
“We need to carry out this work, but by bringing together different teams from the county council, and our district and borough partners we can be more efficient and not impact on the travelling public too much.
“We’ve delayed this programme by a month or so this year so that we are kinder to nature by letting the grass grow a bit longer so that some native species are given longer to flower or seed.
“Most of the dual carriageways will only have lane closures, but we will need to fully close some of them to enable the work to be carried out safely so I’d like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.”
The maintenance programme is:
- 19 July – A61 – Alfreton – lanes closed 9.30am to 3.30pm
- 20 July – Owler Bar – lanes closed 9.30am to 3.30pm
- 21 July – A632 Slack Hill – road closed 9.30am to 3.30pm
- 22 July – A515 Collycroft – lanes closed 9.30am to 3.30pm
- 23 July – A52 Shirley Hollow – lanes closed 9.30am to 3.30pm
- 24 and 25 July – A617 Heath to Horns Bridge – road closed 6am to 6pm
- 26 July – A61 Bowshaw – lanes closed 9.30am to 3.30pm
- 27 July – A671 Lordsmill Street – lanes closed 4am to 11am
- 28 July – A619 Markham Road – lanes closed 4am to 11am
- 29 July – A617 Pleasley – lanes closed 4am to 11am
- 31 July and 1 August – A38 South Normanton – lanes closed 4am to 11am
- 2, 3, 4 and 5 August – A6 Chapel bypass – lanes closed 7am to 3.30pm
- 6 August – A6 Taddington – lanes closed 9.30am to 3.30pm
- 7 August – A619 Rother Way – road closed 4am to 11am
- 9 August – A619 Baslow Road – road closed 6pm to 6am 10 August
- 14 August – A61, Chesterfield, Tesco to Horns Bridge – road closed 6am to 6pm
- 15 August – A61, Chesterfield, Tesco to Whittington – road closed from 6am to 6pm
- 21 and 22 August – A61 Dronfield Bypass – road closed from 6am to 6pm
- 28 August – A617 Doe Lee – lanes closed 6am to 6pm
- 29 August – A6135 / A616 junction 30 M1, Barlborough – lanes closed 4am to 11am
All work could be delayed due to bad weather.