Equality and Diversity Strategy
We're developing a new strategy for equality and diversity.
The strategy will be used to shape the action we take to meet our equality objectives and is based around the following themes:
- working and living in an inclusive county
- making fair decisions based on evidence
- listening to and engaging with communities
- ensuring fair access to services, facilities and information
- reducing financial and economic inequality
- building a skilled and confident workforce.
We'll make this strategy available for consultation, so you can tell us your views. Following consultation, the strategy will be amended and then adopted.
Progress against this strategy will be managed by the Diversity and Inclusion Board which is chaired by our Chief Executive, Ian Stephenson, and includes senior officers from every department, as well as representatives of our employee networks and the trade unions.