Sharon Blank

Sharon Blank

Electoral division


Serving communities

Serving the communities of Chesterfield's St Leonard's and St Helen's wards which include Hady, parts of Newbold, Newland Dale, Penmore, Riverside estate, parts of St Augustine's and Birdholme, Spital and Stonegravels.



Contact details

County Hall: 01629 536077
Home: 01246 272897
Mobile: 07748 920152
13 Kenyon Road,
S41 0BU

I'm always keen to get feedback, good or bad, on county council related matters so you can help shape what we do and how we do it, both now and in years to come. Young people can make their voice heard through the council's YouthInc website (opens in a new window) or by emailing

You can also come along to any Derbyshire County Council meetings which take place five times a year, usually on a Wednesday afternoon, at its headquarters in Matlock. You can either just watch the proceedings or you can ask a question. See our See our openness at meetings information for details of how to do this.

Surgery times

I hold regular Saturday drop-in surgeries every month at the Derbyshire Unemployed Workers' Centre on Saltergate, Chesterfield between 10am − 11.30pm. I also hold street surgeries in different parts of my area. To find out when they are email or contact me on one of the numbers here.

About me

I was elected on to the council in May 2005 and, as well as my role on the Standards Committee, I'm a member of the Services for Children and the Healthier Communities improvement and scrutiny committees.

I've lived in the Spire division of Chesterfield all my life and I've an adult son, but while he was at school I studied at Sheffield University gaining a Sociology BA (hons), Socio-legal studies MA and a PhD.

I've been a volunteer adviser at Chesterfield Citizens Advice Bureau and I'm a Chesterfield Borough councillor.

Below you'll find details of how to contact me and some of the issues relating to this area. There's also the chance for you to have your say, good or bad, on county council related matters so you can help shape what we do and how we do it, both now and in years to come.

Outside bodies

This lists all other groups and organisations with which the councillor holds a position or is involved.

I represent the council on a number of outside organisations or bodies

Expenses claims

If no claims are displayed the member may not have submitted a claim yet or may never claim expenses.