Volunteering in Derbyshire
There are lots of ways you can get involved with communities in and around Derbyshire.
There are many ways to volunteer depending on how much time you can spare, from an hour to a full day or more.
Volunteer with us
You can volunteer with us in a variety of roles:
- in countryside services including at Elvaston Castle
- in our libraries and at Buxton Museum
- with adults, in services such as our care homes, day centres and Derbyshire Befriending Services (opens in a new window)
- with children, young people and at local children's centres
- in adult education services or at Active Derbyshire (opens in a new window)
Volunteering with other organisations
You can find details of local community, voluntary and charitable sector organisations who may have volunteering opportunities using the Derbyshire Directory or you can contact your local Community Voluntary Service (CVS):
- Amber Valley CVS, tel: 01773 512076
- Buxton Volunteer Centre, tel: 01298 23970
- Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire Volunteer Centre, tel: 01246 274844
- Derbyshire Dales CVS, tel: 01629 812154
- Erewash CVS, tel: 01159 466740
- Glossop and District Volunteer Bureau, tel: 01457 865722
- High Peak CVS, tel: 01663 735350
- South Derbyshire CVS, tel: 01283 550163
You may also find national volunteering opportunities listed on the Do It website (opens in a new window).
If you are part of a community or social group, you may wish to find out more about intergenerational projects.
To support volunteering, why not attend our volunteer passport course? The course offers training to volunteers working, or wanting to work with adults, children, in schools and in other organisations across Derbyshire.