Stop loan sharks
Stop Loan Sharks or the England Illegal Money Lending Team is a specialist team of investigators and LIASE officers working together across the country to stop loan sharks lending illegally and prosecuting them.
What a loan shark is
If you can answer yes to one or more of these questions you might be borrowing from a loan shark:
- Did they offer you a cash loan?
- Did they not give you paperwork?
- Did they add huge amounts of interest or APR to your loan?
- Have they threatened you?
- Are you scared of people finding out?
- Have they taken your bank card, benefits card, passport, watch or other valuables from you?
The Stop Loan Sharks (opens in a new window) team are here to help you. They are the only government agency in the UK who have the power to investigate and prosecute loan sharks and illegal money lenders.
Tel: 0300 555 2222 to safely report a loan shark.
More help and support
Derbyshire Community Finance
Tel: 01332 365550
Erewash Credit Union (opens in a new window)
Tel: 0115 932 9493